Our checklist helps you make a hassle free move.
Four weeks before moving
- Organise a removalist. Metro Storage can recommend a professional removal company.
- Start packing early. Metro Storage sells a full range of boxes and packaging material.
- Label each box with contents and room e.g plates/cutlery - KITCHEN.
- Book cleaning service if necessary for your existing home.
- Donate items you don’t need. Metro Storage supports “Dress for Success”.
Two weeks before moving
- Transfer and organise insurance for your belongings at your new home.
- Transfer and organise phone, internet, water, gas, power, pay TV connections for new home.
- Update your address details with all institutions - bank, post office, ATO, Medibank.
One week before moving
- Confirm details and plans for moving day with removalist and cleaners.
- Collect all spare keys and put them together for new owners.
- Empty fridge and freezer into a portable cooler.
- Collect keys, ensure gas and electricity meters have been read and phone disconnected.
- Check all cupboards are empty and that no chargers are left in power points.
- Turn off the power.
- Lock house and leave keys for a new owner.
To store your belongings with while moving a house/ apartment,