Metro Storage is a member of the Self-Storage Association of Australasia and abides by the standards set out by the association in the collection and use of your personal information. We are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information.
We do not collect sensitive information from you (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988) without your consent or unless authorised by law.
2. Collection of your personal information
The information that we collect will include:
- Your full name
- Your address;
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Your image, location and movements on our closed circuit television (CCTV);
- Any information required for security reasons (for example your photograph or copy of your driver’s license);
- Information about your use of our products or services;
- Your banking and payment details (including tax file numbers, ABN and credit card details if applicable);
- Contact and identification details of any third party that has been authorised to negotiate or provide personal information on your behalf;
We do not collect sensitive information from you (as defined in the Act) without your consent or unless authorised by law.
We will only collect information relevant to our business relationship with you including:
- Responding to your storage booking or other requests
- Supply you with products an or services
- To provide you with documents, update your records or other information you may require
- As a result of your use of the website, when you enter a competition or complete a survey form or when you make enquiries with us
- To enhance our product development, research and analysis to further assist your storage needs
- To receive information about our services
3. Use of your information
We will limit the use of your personal information to:
- Recommending or providing you with the Self-Storage products and services that you may need.
- Carrying out our business which includes account management, planning, product development, research and analysis.
- Effectively carrying on a business or other commercial relationship
- Fulfilling our legal requirements (for example, disclosure to law enforcement agencies or the courts).
- Promotion of our product and service offerings
- Notifying you about important changes or developments to our functions, activities, services or our website
- We may use your information to offer you products and services that we believe meet your needs. However, you can notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers. We will act promptly on any such request, which can be made by e-mailing, calling, writing to or visiting the location where you hold or held storage.
Where we collect personal information from third parties that have been referred by you, we will assume, and you should ensure, that you have made that third party aware of the referral and the purposes of collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal information
4. Metro Storage Privacy on the Internet
We understand that when you access our website or interact with us online, the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is important to you. Metro Storage is committed to safeguarding the personal and financial information you provide to us.
a. Online payment systems
We use third party payment process providers whose services meet stringent security requirements. When you enter your payment details online, you are using a secure site which uses 256bit SSL encryption to protect your information during a transaction.
b. Social Media
If you communicate with us through social media sites or third party applications, we may collect information associated with that communication. If this occurs, we assume that you have informed yourself of the ways such sites or applications can collect, use and disclose your personal information and we also assume that you have consented to associated collections, uses and disclosures by Metro Storage as a result of the communication.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. Cookies are used by Metro Storage in order to identify you when you visit our website. If you do not comply with Metro Storage using cookies, you can simply opt out by configuring your web browser to reject cookies.
5. You have access to your information
- You can access most of the personal information we hold about you and request corrections.
- This right is subject to some exceptions, for example, you may not obtain access to information relating to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- You can request access to your information by visiting or contracting the location at which you have storage
6. Your information is secure
We will limit the use of your personal information by:
- Ensuring your personal information is kept secure and confidential
- Only allowing employees of Metro Storage and those who perform services on our behalf, and are authorised to handle your information, will have access to your personal information
- Not retaining any of your information for any longer than it is required by us except to fulfil our legal obligations or where you have consented
- If you think that any information we hold about you is inaccurate please contact us and we will, with your help, keep your personal information accurate and up to date
We use a variety of physical and electronic security measures to secure information. These include:
- Restricting access to our offices to only authorised Metro Storage personnel
- Firewall and secure databases to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure.
When your personal information is no longer required, we will take reasonable steps to destroy, delete or de-identify the personal information in a secure manner. However, we may sometimes be required by law to retain certain information.
Permission to contact you
You can choose not to receive further emails from us by simply advising us at email@example.com
Changes to our policy
For more information, click here to check out a comprehensive version of the privacy statement.