The following tips will help you.
- make the best use of the space in your storage unit
- ensure safe and secure storage of your belongings.
make your move into storage easier.
For Household Storage
- Place all your belongings in a packing box. To maximise total storage space, stack boxes of similar size no higher than shoulder high.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Protect mattresses, lounges and chairs with specifically designed plastic covers available at our storage locations.
- Breakables and Fragile items: these items should be wrapped in bubble wrap and packaged in cartons marked “FRAGILE”.
- Cartons: Keep weight of all packing cartons and boxes under 20 kgs. With a marking pen identify each packing box. Various box sizes are available at our storage locations.
- Appliances: Tape all appliance doors shut when moving and wedge doors open while in storage. Secure all moving parts and wrap small appliances in bubble wrap for protection. Placing charcoal inside the refrigerator will combat mould.
- Clothing that hangs in a closet should be packed in a port-a-robe carton.
- If you will be frequenting the storage unit, place boxes and / or items nearest the front of the unit or nearest the door for easy access.
For Commercial or Business Storage
- If items are in many boxes ask our storage facility consultants about shelving for ease of locating.
- If you have large / heavy or pallet items, pallet jacks and forklifts are available for use at our storage locations.
- Leave a walkway to the rear of your storage unit for easy access.
For information and pricing or to purchase packaging and merchandise to help with your storage click here.